Special Economic Zones:
The development of Economic Zones to support industrialization and business development is a priority of Government of Pakistan. Accordingly, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is developing Special Economic Zones (SEZ) at Rashakai & Hattar through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Economic Zones Development and Management Company (KPEZDMC) and Government of Punjab is developing SEZs at Allama Iqbal Industrial Estate at Faisalabad through Faisalabad Industrial Estate Development and Management Company (FIEDMC) under China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). Moreover, Government of Punjab is also developing SEZ at Bhalwal, Vehari, Bahawalpur and Rahim Yar Khan through Punjab Industrial Estate Development and Management Company (PIEDMC).
In view of GOP's Plan for the development of infrastructure for boosting industrialization under CPEC, the GOP has identified Rashakai SEZ and Allama Iqbal Industrial Estate as an early harvest projects and they intend to develop these SEZs on priority. SEZ Management Companies have demanded gas supply requirement of 30 MMCFD for Rashakai SEZ and 40 MMCFD for Allama Iqbal Industrial Estate SEZ.
In order to supply gas to the above mentioned early harvest SEZ projects, following gas pipeline infrastructure has been planned by SNGPL:
- Transmission spur 16"dia x 29.2 Km starting from Ismail Hot to terminal point along with SMS cum CMS having capacity of 30 MMCFD for Rashakai SEZ
- Transmission spur 12"dia x 19.75 Km starting from Chiniot to terminal point along with SMS cum CMS having capacity of 40 MMCFD for Allama Iqbal SEZ.
Works on Rashakai Project has been started by SNGPL, however, Allama Iqbal SEZ project is at different stages of approval.
Pipeline from Charsadda-Khazana-Tangi, 10"dia x 72.55 Km
In order to address the acute low gas pressure issues during winter season in Mardan and Peshawar regions in view of system capacity constraints, Company has planned to undertake the system augmentation in two following phases:
- 10"dia x 27.75 Km Charsadda Offtake (Gulabad) - Charsada transmission loopline
- 10"dia x 20.80 KM Charsadda - Khazaaa transmission loopline
- 10"dia x 24 Km Charsadda -Tangi transmission loopline.
Works on this project is likely to be started soon as this project is at different stages of approval.